Leading in and out of the uniform
In this episode, David and Deputy Chief Frank Viscuso discuss the various challenges leaders face in dealing with their team, and becoming a role model in the fire service and the community.
- Defining the 3 Us: Unaware, Unable, Unwilling and a guide to dealing with them.
- Social media etiquette and how it reflects on you and your team.
- What is the biggest challenge that leaders face? Credibility.
- How do you deal with conflict?
- The importance of recognition and reward.
About Frank Viscuso:
Frank Viscuso is a writer, entrepreneur, career deputy chief, and highly sought after speaker.
He is a fire service instructor and the author of five books, including the best-selling tactical textbook “Fireground Operational Guides” (PennWell, 2011), “Step Up and Lead”, and the critically acclaimed novel, “The Mentor”.
Deputy Chief Viscuso works as a Tour Commander in Hudson County, NJ. He and his wife reside in Toms River with their three boys. He can be reached via his email: [email protected]
About the Firefighter Toolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show
The Firefighter Toolbox Podcast/Internet Radio Show is an audio program for up and coming firefighters and leaders who want to become better at the ever evolving skill of firefighting and to continue growing into a better leader. We interview great firefighters, officers, and other authorities inside and outside of the fire service who bring great ideas, insights, and information to share with us so we can take our skills to the next level.
Discover the Book That Is Impacting The Fire Service:
- Think about: Who do you want to be? Who are you? Who do you want to reflect on your social media?
- After leaving the fire ground, assess your performance: What did your team do? What went well? What could you have done better? Who needs to know?
To learn more about the show– Click Here —–
Please provide an iTunes rating – Click Here
Listen to More Episodes – Click Here
Get the Podcast on your Phone – Click Here